Even though I'm a full-stack developer, front-end development has been my main role for the past years.
As a web developer, I have experience with frameworks like React and Ember to build large scale applications. In my professional experience, I have aquired the following skills:
- I'm trained in designing interfaces that are compliant with WCAG 2.
- I've created D3 visualization components for data analysis.
I also have some experience with Dart and Flutter to build mobile applications for personal projects.
I like to learn new technologies and I'm constantly involved in trainings and hackathons. These are a few of the technologies I've tried outside my day job.
Hackathon: Developed an embedded application with Golang to retrieve pictures from a Raspberry Pi and send them to AWS Rekognition for facial recognition.
Created a blog about Serverless applications, hosted at Medium.
Hackathon: Developed an Angular application to visualize relationships between people stored in a Neo4J database, and displaying the data through a D3 data graph
Front-end + UI Engineer
As a UI Engineer, I collaborate with a multifunctional team of designers, product owners and other engineers to constantly adapt and update the user interface for multiple LinkedIn products. Using Ember.js based tools we build reusable UI components.
Lead front-end developer for Resume Assistant
- Microsoft Word Resume Assistant is a Microsoft Office Word feature to help job seekers craft quality resumes
- As lead developer, I have to maintain this Ember application, following all the quality guidelines from Microsoft
Front-end developer for LinkedIn Jobs
- Build new web features using Ember components to help job seekers find better job opportunities and employers to find quality candidates.
Accessibility champion for LinkedIn Jobs
- As a champion, my job is to improve LinkedIn Jobs web pages to make sure it is accessible all people, doesn't matter what kind of disabilities they might have.
- Provide guidance on A11y best practices to other team members. Work with designers to make sure A11y is considered for new features.
Diagnose and fix performance regressions
Web applications can have performance problems for multiple reasons: Increased asset size, network and server issues, memory leaks. My role is to find when a regression happens and fix it (if possible)